Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I Chicked a Dog. Booyah Puppy!

Workout: Ran 3.4 miles in 27:41. Such a good run! OMG. Running in the evening is so totally my thing. I can not do morning runs. For serial. The last run I did was at noon and I added 2 mins onto this time. Obv evening running produces kickass times. 
Pictures of small children (Mama RNG at 3) showing their booties makes me feel awkward.
On my run, I chicked a dude and his Lab puppy. Homie, you have a Lab. Labs are super energetic. Run that thing! I guess maybe they could've been going on a long run so Dude didn't want to wear out the pup, but still. Anyway, I was stoked and sped up probs way too much. I would've gotten a negative split if I actually had a Garmin or paid attention to that kind of thing. At the corner after I passed Dude and Dog, normally I get there around 9:20 mins into the run. I got there at 8:50 mins. So speedy! My left shin was slightly bitching, but not too much and I only had to stop and stretch it a few times. Time for the Stick tonight. 


I got to think a little bit on the run about the thing I can't really tell you guys about. Such a tease, I know. But I also sort of shut off my brain and just ran, which is exactly what I needed. It's been a while since I've been able to turn off my thoughts and just enjoy the run.
Still perplexed, but not as much as before.
Mama RNG bought the wrong Crystal Lite powders for me at the grocery store. I love that woman to death, but even after 16 years of living here, she still doesn't know where most things are in the grocery store. It kills me! Alas, she bought the normal Crystal Lite powder, not the Fitness kind. Oh well. It honestly probably makes zero difference for my body. If I was pulling off 20 milers on the reg then we'd have some problems, but I'm pretty sure my usual measly 3-something milers are doing a whole lotta nothing. I still drink this stuff like it's going out of style. I love me some seizure-inducing aspartame! 
This stuff is crack.

3 comments:

  1. Haha your hilarious!

    I love crystal light too but it gives me heartburn so I can only drink it every so often
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicking a lab! Now that's cool.
    I'm a big crystal light fan too. It makes it easier for me to drink more water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Crystal Light.... sometimes I buy the less expensive no-name brands (just not the same).

    I must be living under a rock.... I've heard the term "Chicking" twice today... never heard it before... Love it!!!!!

    Gotta run.

    ReplyDelete