Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Happy Belated Birthday Roomie!

Yesterday, April 11th, was Roomie's birthday! I won't say how old she turned because she'll be mad at me but she looks like a million bucks!

Roomie and I met my junior year of college at UCD because we both were in bad living situations and our boyfriends at the time were in the same frat. They had us meet up, we fell in love with each other, and the bfs broke up with us soon after. So, we leaned on each other and helped each other through all the breakup ick, especially since it was close to Spring Break. We took a trip down to Newport to Roomie's family's house on the beach. Because neither of us was old enough to rent a car, we rented a UHaul and brought along her rabbit, Cooper.
After reading "It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken" most of the way down to So Cal and having Cooper pee on me while we drove up the Grapevine on I-5, we were pretty much bonded for life.

We had a great little apartment off campus where we enjoyed 2 years of living together. We ate dinners together, studied together, learned the stupid glyconeogenesis process together off her awesome posters she plastered on our dining room walls, and played with Cooper and my hamster together. She is an amazing roommate and best friend :)

Roomie actually was the one who got me into running. While my fat arse was sitting on the couch watching True Life, she was off training for the California International Marathon, which she BQ'ed for btw cuz she's AMAZING! At the time, I had no concept of how incredible all these things were until I started running. I wanted to get healthy and I saw my roomie running so I figured why the heck not?! Off I went and I really started getting it. Sad thing was she moved back to So Cal after winter quarter of my senior year because she was a super (awesome) senior and had had some extra quarters to get her degree. I started running right before she left so I never got to pull all her wealth of info out of her.

But she's my inspiration. I love her to pieces and think she's the most incredible woman you could meet. She's about to graduate with her master's in a couple weeks and she's going to rock her dietetics exam like you can't believe! If you're in So Cal, you should find her for any of your nutrition needs. She's super smart, sweet as pie, and beautiful inside and out.

I LOVE YOU ROOMIE!!! (and now I need tissue because I'm tearing up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment